Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring is here! (and where I've been hiding)



2011 was a busy year for us. In the beginning of the year, I started this blog and remained faithful to it for 8 months until August came and we bought a house, a puppy, and a lot of responsibilities. Oh, and did I mention I also decided to go back to school for my masters degree a midst all the chaos? I haven't been able to commit as much time as I'd like to cooking, recipe searching, and typing blog entries. Instead, there's been a lot of painting and DIY projects around the house to bring our 100 year old home to the 21st century. Also, there's been a lot of playing with a very hyper German Wirehair Pointer named Sawyer, taking him to the vet (since he decided to break his leg at 13 weeks old and several other miniature disasters since with this clumsy little pup), taking him on lots of long walks, and going on puppy play dates and to obedience classes. I never knew owning a pet was so time and energy consuming.

Then, in February 2012, I broke both wrists snowboarding. Yes, both. Endured splints up past my elbows for two weeks, then surgery on one wrists and a cast on the other, and now physical therapy. I miss blogging, and I look forward to starting back up again. However, it is like having a second job to make it entirely about cooking and recipes. It's much more realistic for me to post a recipe once a week and include more personal posts - whether it be chronicling the triumphs, hazards, and mishaps of raising an energetic puppy or projects around our 100 year-old house that results in finds such as pea green painted hardwood floors under our carpeting. So until I get back into the swing of things here, I am going to think of a new blog title and will post a link to forward you there. Any suggestions for titles appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...