1 cup carrots, finely diced
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
3 large cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
What you do:
- Melt butter in bottom of stock pot. Add flour and whisk.
- Deglaze with white wine, whisk again, and bring to boil.
- Add sour cream, milk and chicken broth. Bring to boil.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, and garlic to stock pot. Cover and decrease heat to medium-low, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove sausage from casing, crumble, and brown in large skillet.
- Drain and rinse sausage to remove grease, add to stock pot. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach, parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy with a dry Italian white wine
Variations: Use escarole in place of spinach and cannellini beans in place of potatoes.